FALL DECORATION CLEAN-UP
PLEASE REMOVE ALL DECORATIONS AND ITEMS BEFORE OCTOBER 15TH.
Fall and Winter decorations may be placed starting November 1st. Please do NOT place ANY decorations between October 15th and October 31st, they will be removed.
Cremation Garden Decoration Policy
The following information is provided as guidelines for cemetery procedures.
We ask for your cooperation by visiting your loved ones in a reverent and respectful way. Please abide by these rules and regulations so that all families may feel welcome when visiting the Catholic Cemeteries.
To maintain a neat and uncluttered appearance in the garden, the decorations that are placed in the garden will be checked periodically and any dead or unsightly decorations will be removed and disposed. Any decorations that do not conform to the above rules and regulations will also be removed and disposed.
- Please limit decorations to one per lot.
- Black or bronze shepherd’s hooks not to exceed 60 inches high and containing only one hook are permitted. They may not be homemade and must be placed firmly in the ground adjacent to your memorial.
- Pin vases with artificial flowers are permitted (live flowers are not permitted because standing water can lead to increased mosquito growth).
- Flower pots of 6 to 8 inches in diameter are permitted. Height of entire decoration not to exceed 18 inches.
- All containers should be constructed of wood or plastic.
- All additional decorations items (such as flags, statues, flameless candles, or other personal items) must be contained in the flower container and not placed directly into the ground.
- Catholic Cemetery Memorial Portraits may be affixed to most of the cremation memorials. Please contact the office for more information.
- Bronze Veteran's medallions provided by the Veteran’s Administration are permitted.
- No other items may be affixed to the cremation memorials.
- Candles are not permitted.
- Bird feeders and wind chimes are not permitted.
- Removing, changing, added to or altering the natural landscape of trees, plants, mulch etc. is not permitted.
- Please refrain from feeding the Koi fish (at the Cremation Garden of St. Francis at All Saints Cemetery in Des Plaines, IL)
Spring and Fall Major Cemetery Clean Up
March 15th - 31st is used to clean up the grounds and prepare for spring. If you wish to save your decorations, remove them on or before March 14th.
October 15th - 31st is used to clean up the grounds and prepare for fall. If you wish to save your decorations, remove them on or before October 14th.
Please do not place any decorations during these times. All decorations will be removed and disposed.
Reverence and Respect
We encourage the placement of decorations. We will be as careful as possible with our normal interment and maintenance activities. We regret that we cannot guarantee that all decorations will be free from damage or loss, and we cannot accept responsibility for these occurrences.
Please remember that cemeteries are open to the public, we are not responsible in the event that placements are moved, stolen, or damage/loss sustained from natural occurrences.
The Catholic Cemetery is a Sacred Place. These sacred grounds are blessed by the Church and dedicated as a place of prayer and dignity for our faithful departed.
Some behaviors are prohibited because they can disturb the sacredness of the cemetery.
The following are not allowed on cemetery grounds:
- Alcoholic beverages
- Loud / live music
- Lawn games
- Tents or canopies
- Unlicensed vehicles
- Firearms or weapons
- Pets roaming free
The Catholic Cemeteries reserves the right to change the following policies and procedures without notice.
To download the Cremation Garden Decoration Policy, please click here.
Inne informacje o Cmentarzach Katolickich i pochówku:
Cmentarze Katolickie oferują ekonomiczny pakiet, który obejmuje wszystkie potrzeby związane z cmentarzem dodawane do dowolnego zakupu.Przeczytaj więcej
Pochówek zmarłego wymaga wielu ciągłych kontroli, aby uchronić ten ważny rytuał od błędów.Przeczytaj więcej
Cmentarze Katolickie oddane są niesieniu pomocy, zapewnianiu wyjaśnień i edukacji rodzinom katolickim, parafiom i innym organizacjom w Archidiecezji, poprzez swoje programy wychodzenia do społeczności.Przeczytaj więcej
Kiedy zjawia się śmierć, życie tych, którzy pozostają zmienia się na zawsze.Przeczytaj więcej